The dictionary definition of “recovery” is: the action or process of regaining possession or control of something that is stolen or lost; and/or a return to a normal state of health, mind or strength.
(We would probably replace the word “normal” with “healthy”, since everyone’s “normal” is a bit different.)
You may be on the road of recovery if you are:
• a trauma or abuse survivor
• overcoming an addiction, whether it’s alcohol, drugs, food, etc.
• trying to heal from grief or loss
• releasing a toxic relationship
• in the process of healing from chronic illness or major physical health issues
• trying to become healthier mentally, emotionally and spiritually due to overwhelming life’s challenges, difficulties and obstacles
A note about grief and loss:
In addition to the loss of a loved one through death, loss can mean many things, including loss of job, income, sense of safety, independence, physical health, friendships, or home due to moving. Loss can be devastating, and the need for recovery from loss can feel monumental.
The goals of Walking the Red Road Workshops are to:
• Enhance a sense of cultivating self-esteem, self-worth, self-love, self-value
• Strengthen each individual's spiritual connection while respecting individual belief systems
• Expand an awareness of energy work, understanding energy, tapping into healing energies, understanding your own energy and its effects on the people and environment around you
• Create a greater sense of connectedness with nature, with Creator, with all living beings, with all that surrounds us, with the world in which we live, and our role in the Universe
• Instill new perspectives on how to change our perception from negative thought patterns to positive thoughts
• Introduce new ways of thinking, new concepts, alternate views on life and living, on transitions, challenges, obstacles, and why we face them
• Help us understand the journey to becoming an Elder and what that means in each person’s life; and what it means to be an elder and/or a wounded healer
• Support each person’s thirst for knowledge, for answers, for understanding who they are, for discovering their true path and purpose of this life
• Teach self-healing through natural and holistic methods, such as acupressure, reflexology, energy work, Reiki, meditation, guided imagery, mudras, aromatherapy, and multi-cultural teachings and experiences
• Discover practical applications to deal with daily stress, fear, worry, frustration, anger management, jealousy, bitterness, unforgiveness, feeling overwhelmed, grief, loss, and sadness
Seasonal RECOVERY ceremonies
May through October monthly multi-cultural ceremonies will be held at White Barn facilities. These ceremonies are open to the general public, but they are designed to compliment the teachings of each monthly ‘Walking the Red Road’ Zoom workshop. Anyone walking the road of recovery is welcome to register to attend the monthly ceremonies.
Be sure to check out the ceremony schedule on our website. Pre-registration is required.
Pre-Registration Required. $15 per class
Register at https://whitebarnhealingarts.org/registrations