The Kent Environmental Council is hosting a networking event to help local individuals/groups with an environmental focus to build relationships, find synergies and launch the Crooked River Environmental Network.
- 5:30pm KEC Member Annual Business Meeting (election of officers, short update)
- 6:00pm Community Potluck (Please bring a dish to pass and your own table service)
- 6:30pm Networking conversations (based on interests from participants’ registrations)
- 7:45pm Harvesting Insights and Connections
- 8:15pm Clean up / Safe Travels
A lot has changed since our inception and we are re-imagining KEC so we will continue to be a good partner and leader in local environmental issues for the next 50 years!
The KEC board hosted a visioning retreat last month and invited leaders from a few community partners. The gathered group came up with some new possible initiatives and we want to learn what you think would best serve the community.
- We need more communication and connection and KEC is well-positioned to fill that role. We would like to create The Crooked River Environmental Network with KEC as the hub.
- Look for ways to create awareness and action about our local food supply (local farms, farm-to-table programs, food hub, foraging, planting edibles, etc.) We brainstormed a “Black Walnut Festival” with a focus on local food, but there are many more possibilities.
- We want the children in our community to feel at home with and connected to nature.
These join our ongoing focus areas of active living, green energy, local food, clean water, our support of the bog and other green spaces, as well as communication, publicity and education.