Duke's is hosting our 3rd Annul (After) Easter Egg Hunt just for DOGS! Due to Easter being so early this year we have decided to have this years egg hunt AFTER Easter, just in case it is still snowing at the end of March! AND we decided to increase all of the fun by adding in SCENT WORK games!!
Regular Egg Hunt:
We will have eggs scattered all about just waiting for your 4 legged friend to find them! Inside some of the eggs you will find different prizes and treats for you and your pup! In addition to the egg hunt we will have pictures with the Easter Bunny and Raffle Baskets galore!
Cost for Regular Egg Hunt: $10 donation to Never Surrender Pet Pantry per dog. (limit of 2 dogs per handler)
New Scent Work Games:
(separate ticket needed)
We will have a separate area at the event for beginner and advanced scent work games. The fields will also have eggs scattered about BUT there will also be some eggs with birch/cypress/anise or clove hidden inside! You and your dog will do your best to find as many "hides" as you can in the allotted time and awards for the teams with the most hides found in the least amount of time will receive awards/prizes for each round!
Every team will receive a flat ribbon with their recorded score as a memento. There will be a maximum # of beginner and advanced dogs that we can allow for each round due to time restraints. Therefore, you will want to make sure you have prepaid for your ticket as soon as registration opens.
Cost for Scent Work Games: $20 donation to Never Surrender Pet Pantry per dog.
Donations will be made in the form of an online, prepaid ticket to the time slot you wish to attend. There will be a limited number of tickets available for each time slots in order to maintain everyone's safety and fun! Everyone must have purchased an advanced ticket in order to attend. Onsite tickets will not be available unless there is room to add more dogs.
The link to purchase tickets will go live March 1st so stay tuned!!
Check in begins 15 minutes prior to the start of each time slot. Max of 30 dogs/time slot for the regular Egg Hunt and 10 dogs/time slot for Scent Work Beginner and Advanced course.
Easter Egg Hunt and Scent Work Time Slots:
Round #1 - 12 pm - 1 pm
Round #2 - 1 pm - 2 pm
Round #3 - 2 pm - 3 pm
Raffle drawings will take place at 3 pm. You do not have to be present to win.
Please bring your own basket to hold your eggs. Maximum of 15 eggs per dog.
All proceed to benefit Never Surrender Pet Pantry a non profit charity 503(c) that helps families with pet food and supplies during difficult financial times.
- Must have prepaid ticket to join
- All dogs must be on a 6 ft or shorter leash at all times unless in the scent work field where long leads are permitted during search.
- All dogs should be friendly and non aggressive.
- No retractable leashes please.
- Handler assumes responsibility for themselves and their dogs actions and must pay attention to their dog at all times, keeping a minimum of a 6' radius from all other dogs.
- Handler agree to abide by Duke's facility rules as listed on their website.
- All Handlers must pick up after their dogs
- There is no dock diving as Duke's pool will not be open yet
- Bring your own bag or basket to collect eggs
- Event is rain or shine. No Refunds will be given.
- All proceeds to benefit NSPP